Revenue Management Systems & Forecasting Manager
|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Revenue Management Systems & Forecasting Manager
Revenue Management Department, Dublin
Applications are currently being invited for the role of Revenue Management Systems and Forecasting Manager in the Revenue Management Department in Dublin. Reporting to the Head of Revenue Management, the RM Systems and Forecasting Manager will be responsible for producing timely and accurate passenger revenue forecasts and ensuring the efficient use of Revenue Management Systems as our primary tool to manage seat inventory allocations. The role is highly specialised and requires the use of a variety of management science techniques.
The successful candidate will be required to become familiar with the technical functionality of the Revenue Management System (RMS) and to serve as the Revenue Management team’s primary liaison with third party vendors of this system and other related ones. In addition to its day-to-day operational objective of network revenue forecasting, the role has a strong forward-looking, strategic element in that it is developing new approaches to revenue management for Aer Lingus. Internal contacts include Revenue Management, Pricing, Distribution, Finance, IT, Operations, senior management and other revenue management teams within IAG.
1. Ensure that we are using our Revenue Management Systems (RMS) to extract maximum revenue benefit from our inventory decisions
a) Monitoring the RMS forecast’s accuracy and working with the vendor, our pricing and revenue management teams to minimise differences between forecasts and actual revenue performance
b) Overseeing the effective use of the RMS including testing, implementation, controls, usage and system upgrades
c) Evaluating benefits and shortcomings from the RMS and seeking to improve upon them
d) Managing the relationship between Aer Lingus IT and external vendors to ensure the consistent delivery of robust and accurate systems
2. Develop trading reports that enable a better understanding of sales performance and future revenue outlook in order to assist the commercial area with its objective of improving revenue
a) Representing revenue management and pricing interests in the development of improved business intelligence tools
b) Interacting with third-party suppliers of business information that assists with the objective of improving network revenue or improving commercial insights
c) Maintaining and supporting the systems we use to produce revenue budgets, reforecasts and long-term revenue planning
3. Become the business champion for assessing, sponsoring and introducing best-in-class Revenue Management techniques such as inventory Point of Sale and Origin & Destination controls
To be consideredfor the position of Revenue Management Systems & Forecasting Manager, candidates must meet the following:
• Should hold an honours degree in Management Science, Mathematics, MIS, Engineering, or a similar discipline with advanced mathematical content, or have experience of a similar position within the aviation, transportation or hospitality industry
• Excellent computer science skills including programming, database and systems analysis
• Experience with spreadsheet, word processing and presentation packages
• Excellent analysis capabilities, and the ability to extract and manipulate data to produce relevant information on all industry KPIs
• Experience with management science, statistics, and/or operational research techniques
• An understanding of the principles of Revenue Management
• An understanding of the commercial policies of Aer Lingus is desirable
• At least 3 years of experience in a data-related role
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Eligible to live and work in the EU
• Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
• Able to provide 3 verifiable references
• Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* (or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in i.e. Dublin)
• Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
Key Competencies/Skills Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Closing Date: Friday 20th October 2017
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)