Aircraft & Maintenance Engineers
|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Job Type:||Engineering and Maintenance|
|Category:||On the Ground|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Aircraft Engineers - Dublin
Maintenance and Engineering Department
Are you passionate about aviation and want to play an integral role in Ireland’s only 4-star airline?
If so, Aer Lingus is looking for people like you! We currently have a number of positions open for the role of Aircraft Engineer to join our Dublin Maintenance Base (EASA CAT A or B1 / B2 engineers). This is a unique opportunity to join Aer Lingus, servicing our fleet of more than 60 aircraft that fly to over 100 destinations across Europe and North America. This role requires the successful candidates to take responsibility for the maintenance and certification of A320/321 and or A330 aircraft. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a proven track record in an aircraft maintenance environment.
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include:
• Performance and certification of Line Maintenance work up to and including A Checks, as outlined in the Aer Lingus MMOE, to ensure compliance with prescribed airworthiness standards.
• Perform duties assigned by your supervisors in a safe, timely and diligent manner in accordance with the approved standards and company procedures.
• Full utilisation of all IT systems in use throughout the maintenance department.
• Adherence to all company, regulatory and Health and Safety requirements.
• Be proactive in implementing the Aer Lingus security of aircraft programme.
• Strict adherence to the relevant airport regulations and directions.
• Maintain the work environment and work vehicles in a clean and safe condition.
• Play an active part in the continuous improvement programmes which are ongoing within the Maintenance and Engineering Department.
• Responsible for the delivery of key KPIs for the department.
To be considered for the role of Aircraft Engineer, candidates must meet the following:
• Hold a current unrestricted EASA Aircraft Maintenance Category A and or B1 / B2 Licence on A319/320/321 and CFM56 and/or B1 / B2 licence on the A330 and CF6 80E.
• Familiarity and experience of using IT systems including the MS Office Suite.
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
• Eligible to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction.
• Hold a full clean driving licence.
• Able to provide details of 2 verifiable references.
• Able to pass a 5 – year security background check*
• Capable of and prepared to work shift, based on a 24 x 7 pattern.
• Prepared to complete a medical questionnaire and medical examination.
• Possession and demonstration of the key competencies and skills outlined below.
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
Key Competencies / Skills Required:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, with proven organisational skills.
• Experienced and competent in the use of IT computer systems (including MS Office).
• Strong technical judgement and trouble-shooting skills.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• An enthusiastic team member with a positive attitude to work effectively in an ever-changing environment.
• A high level of flexibility including a willingness to travel on request to assist with recovery of aircraft in AOG situations.
• Hold a current company approval in respect of the EASA Aircraft Maintenance Category A, B1 or B2 Licence on A319/320/321 or A330 aircraft
• Familiarity and experience of using the AMOS computer system.
Please note we may create a panel for future vacancies.
Closing Date: Friday 29th September 2017
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Do you hold a valid EEA passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Do you have a full, clean driving licence?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you able & prepared to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekends and holidays?
- Are you able/prepared to spend time away from base overnight and time on call?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Do you hold a current B1 OR B2 OR Cat A unlimited EASA license?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)