AerClub High Value Guest Agent
|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
AerClub High Value Guest Agent
AerClub Department – Dublin
Applications are currently being invited for the role of AerClub Guest Agent. Reporting to the AerClub Customer Lead, the successful candidate will take responsibility for the provision of phone and email frequent flyer support to members of the AerClub Programme
Please note that this is a fixed term contract.
• Ensuring all frequent flyer communications (primarily phone), including email/correspondence are managed and responded to effectively.
• Handling escalated calls/emails (via provision of second line support to Fexco/US Call Centre) to resolve customer queries/issues
• Provision of Loyalty support to previous Gold Circle members to aid them in the changeover to AerClub/Avios Loyalty Programme (adhoc weekend cover during hours of 10.00am – 6.00pm)
• Ensuring effective communication to previous Gold Circle Members, informing them of new Avios currency/additional features as part of AerClub programme
• Timely and relevant response to AerClub queries in relation to tier status queries
• Management and update of member accounts via necessary systems.
• Tracking/monitoring of calls to ensure that adequate template/IVR responses are available to adhere to existing SLA
• Escalating AerClub Member issues/queries to wider stakeholders in EI where relevant (including US Call Centre/Marketing & Loyalty)
• Acting as a point of reference for team colleagues to ensure consistency in line with Aer Lingus policies
• Taking ownership and being proactive in approach to resolve all issues on behalf of FFP Members, in particular the escalation of queries/feedback regarding AerClub proposition to wider stakeholders
• Devising new template responses where necessary to ensure queries are effectively resolved within SLA
• Retaining the goodwill and loyalty of our most frequent travellers and keeping up to date with all EI products/policies/procedures and services
• Working closely with other departments to ensure member service levels and self-service functionality is delivered
• Compiling, analysing & distributing regular reports when required for AerClub Management team.
To be considered for the position of AerClub Guest Agent, candidates must meet the following:
• Proven ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly
• Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
• Familiarity with the Frequent Flyer Loyalty procedures or the ability to quickly learn such
• Computer literate, proficient in data entry, use of email with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, with knowledge of Astral & CLS desired but not essential (as full training will be supplied)
• Excellent punctuality and attendance record
• Good understanding and awareness of the commercial challenges facing the business
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Eligible to live and work in the EU
• Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
• Provide 3 verifiable references
• Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* (or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
• Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
Key Competencies / Skill Base Requirements:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to use own initiative while working as part of a team
• Ability to be able to prioritize & manage tasks
• Flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude to change
Closing Date: Friday 13th October 2017
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)