|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Insurance, Tax & Treasury Dept. – Dublin
Applications are currently being invited for the role of Insurance Specialist in Dublin. In the context of aviation insurance, the purpose of this role is to ensure that company’s main assets (aircraft) are properly insured in accordance with legal, regulatory and commercial requirements. The successful candidate will establish the level of potential aviation liability to third parties, passengers, etc. and make sure all possible liability is appropriately covered. The role involves oversight of the claims management process. This requires regular reviews of claims level, assessing financial impact on the business, participating in review of claims management strategies etc. The role also involves meeting the reporting requirements of our Board of Directors and the Risk Committee.
The Insurance specialist will be responsible for management of all Aer Lingus’ insurance affaires, including insurance renewal process, compliance with regulations and legal requirements, risk assessment of Aer Lingus activities for insurance purposes and front-facing insurance broker relationship management.
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include:
• Managing insurance renewal process in respect of aviation and general insurances
• Assessing potential insurable risks and managing accordingly
• Working closely with all areas of the business to educate all areas of the importance and necessity for insurance and fully understand all insurance requirements and provide the same accordingly
• Reporting to the Board and the Risk Committee, the Director if ITT and CFO on a regular basis on all insurance matters and in particular the annual review of our Aviation Insurance programme and General Insurance programme
• Ensuring compliance with Regulatory and Legal insurance requirements
• Reviewing insurance and indemnities contained within commercial agreements and recommend changes
• Liaising with the insurance brokers on an ongoing basis and in particular to establish efficient insurance provisions wherever necessary
• Overseeing claims management process for both Insurance programmes (Aviation and General)
• Ensuring prompt claims notification in line with requirements.
• Managing the reimbursement of funds from the insurers in respect of third party claims paid by Aer Lingus
• Reconciling annual policy costs
• Chairing quarterly Insurance Working Group meetings
• Maintaining positive relationships with the insurers (including periodic invitation to Aer Lingus for company updates (bi-annually))
• Maintaining up to date fleet schedule for all aircraft
• Preparing monthly accrual schedule for all ITT department overheads to ensure monthly accounts are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
To be considered for the role of Insurance Specialist, candidates must meet the following:
• Qualified Accountant
• Proven experience in dealing with insurance and treasury matters
• Solid understanding of insurance matters and principles of cash flow forecasting
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Eligible to live and work in the EU
• Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
• Provide 3 verifiable references
• Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* (or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
• Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries.
Key Competencies / Skills Required:
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Advanced knowledge of IT packages
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to prioritise workload and to work under pressure
Closing Date: Friday 13th October 2017
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)