AerClub Business Data Analyst
|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
AerClub Business Data Analyst
AerClub Department - Dublin
Applications are currently been invited for the role of Business Data Analyst for the AerClub Department. The data analyst will have overall responsibility for the production, delivery and interpretation of robust analytics, and modelling of business initiatives in the AerClub department. The successful candidate will work to deliver management information which is critical to the current and future strategic development of the Aer Lingus business.
The successful candidate will responsible for the definition and delivery of Commercial Business Requirements. They will be responsible for articulating complex Business requirements, transforming them into user stories and technical tasks, and acting as the liaison between Commercial Business and Technology teams.
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include:
• Developing and improving business planning processes and implement key controls
• Assessing appropriate benchmarks to provide insights to the business
• Providing high quality demand analysis to support decision making at senior level
• Monitoring industry developments and economic trends to determine impacts and implications on the Sales and Distribution strategies
• Defining the metrics required to measure business performance
• Continuously improving KPI reports, dashboards and analytics
• Developing reports and dashboards
• Ensuring the integrity of the data in Aer Lingus systems and recommend process changes in order to provide optimal reporting
• Developing recommendations to optimise AerClub revenue, reduce costs and enhance ROI
• Comparison of large databases/datasets to identify data discrepancies and evaluate solutions, both manual and automated
• Defining Business requirements for complex projects within the Commercial and Operational Business within Aer Lingus
• Writing user stories for complex projects within the Commercial and Operational Business within Aer Lingus
• Coordinating and engaging extensively with stakeholders throughout the project on requirements gathering, functionality, and in the development of roll-out strategies
• Partner with Technical and Business teams to provide reporting on software solutions
• Participating in sprint estimation and planning sessions
• Implementing new processes/frameworks/methodologies and improvements impacting cost, time and quality
• Conducting, supporting & participating in any AerClub projects which will take place to ensure the business receives the most timely and accurate information possible
To be considered for the role of Business Data Analyst, candidates must meet the following:
• Experience in writing business cases, business requirements and user stories
• More than 5 years experience in a Data Analyst, Technical Business Analyst or Systems Analyst capacity
• Excellent MS skills, particularly in Excel
• Excellent Access or equivalent skills
• Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Eligible to live and work in the EU
• Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
• Provide 3 verifiable references
• Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* (or be in
• possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
• Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
Key Competencies/Skills Required:
• Strong commercial focus with a clear understanding of Aer Lingus’ commercial position
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Proactive, can do approach with excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to analyse problems, to probe facts, identify and question assumptions and to assist in the decision making processes
• Excellent communication and effective presentation skills
• Strong project management, multi-tasking and organisational skills
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Degree or above in Business Systems, Business Studies, IT, Computer Science, Technology or similar
• Software systems development projects or Data focussed development project experience
• Excellent requirements gathering and business systems analysis experience
• Use case analysis and/or UML skills OR strong SQL, Database technology skills
• Prior experience of Enterprise Software Applications, Business systems development or migration projects or Database solution / Data analytics projects
• Visio expertise
Closing Date: Thursday 7th December 2017
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)