AerClub Technical Manager (Product Owner)
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
AerClub Technical Manager (Product Owner)
AerClub Department - Dublin
Applications are currently been invited for the role of Technical Manager for the AerClub Department. The Loyalty Systems Product Owner is responsible for defining loyalty product components based on market needs, customer feedback, commercial requirements, and the strategic product roadmap. This position will suit a non-standard Product Owner with a range of business, product, and change management experience. The candidate must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills and be comfortable owning a product that is across multiple disparate systems. You will collaborate daily with cross-functional teams to help identify new product features and come up with creative solutions to how the product can be improved upon.
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include:
• Demonstrating vision on what needs to be built and taking ownership of the product functionality and the product scope
• Collaborating with key stakeholders, including product management, program management, software delivery, and customer support, as well as the customers themselves, to identify, define, and break down complex requirements into achievable user stories
• Working with the Business Analysis team to author technically focused user stories, and to collaborate with technical teams to break down and clarify those user stories in order to produce achievable work items.
• Communicating vision, goals and product backlog items to the team clearly
• Writing detailed feature specifications based on requirements
• Collaborating with 3rd party vendors and internal operations teams through the design, development, testing, product release, and maintenance of the product to ensure its quality and successful delivery
• Defining a product roadmap and determining requirements for each release based on user requirements, technical architecture and business needs
• Developing expertise in all loyalty functional systems, driving out best practice and knowledge in the team
• Creating and designing loyalty products, features and benefits to create tangible assets to the airline and members maintaining the loyalty programme roadmap
• Interacting with other OpCos to assess how synergies and benefits can be extracted through co-operation on technical design and functionality
• Monitoring and analysing market trends while analysing other airline loyalty programmes and non airline loyalty programmes
• Loyalty systems Subject Matter Expert to provide guidance to loyalty teams and other stakeholders across the business
• Exploring new ways of improving existing services and products as a way of increasing profitability
• Providing product training, printed and electronic promotional material and the necessary technical expertise to loyalty team and call centre agents for full product utilisation
• Identifying and presenting creative and innovative product solutions
• Coordinating product releases with the marketing, sales, retail, development and customer contact teams
• Answering product related inquiries covering functionality and future developments
To be considered for the role of Technical Manager, candidates must meet the following:
• More than 5 years of experience in a customer facing commercial entity, corporate loyalty or E-commerce environment
• More than 5 years of experience in product ownership or delivery of commercial change programs
• Other relevant experience in a related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure) is advantageous
• Working knowledge of Agile principles and recognised Agile tools e.g.Jira
• Change management experience - strong enough to identify a change request and motivate people to follow change management processes when in project mode
• Extensive experience of delivery that includes the use of supplier and off-shore resources
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Eligible to live and work in the EU
• Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
• Provide 3 verifiable references
• Able to pass a strictairport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* (or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
• Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
Key Competencies/Skills Required:
• Strong commercial focus with a clear understanding of Aer Lingus’ commercial position
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Proactive, can do approach with excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to analyse problems, to probe facts, identify and question assumptions and to assist in the decision making processes
• Excellent communication, negotiation and effective presentation skills
• Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
• Experience in dealing with and managing various third parties to wade through requirements, trace through UX, UI and development making sure the business requirements as laid out are met.
• Product Owner certification is preferred
Closing Date: Thursday 7th December 2017
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)