|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Digital Business Analyst
Digital and Mobile Department
Are you interested in growing your career with Ireland’s only 4 star airline? We are looking for a Digital Business Analyst to join our growing Digital Business Analyst Team. We’re the department that has overall responsibility for the delivery of Commercial Business Requirements across the Digital and Mobile Platform. Based in Dublin Airport and reporting to the Group Business Analyst Lead you will have responsibility for defining business requirements and acting as the liaison between the Commercial and Technology teams.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to grow your career with one of Ireland’s most iconic brands. Take a look below!
- Defining and engaging with Commercial and Technology stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Co-ordinating the requirements gathering phase including kick-off sessions, workshops and the sign-off process.
- Creating clear and accurate documentation including Wireframes, Business Requirements Documents, Persona definition, User Stories and additional documentation as required.
- Ensuring requirements are groomed and understood by all stakeholders.
- Supporting the QA phase by ensuring that the correct scope is covered in testing phase. Participate where required in Integration testing, UAT testing and Functionality testing.
- Lead sprint demos to Business Teams.
- Ensure the Digital Business Analyst team and the Digital and Mobile team best practices are adhered to.
- Look for ways to improve how current practices and processes are implemented to ensure effective and lean ways of working.
- Attend and participate in workshops as a member of the Technology Business Analyst Community.
Your qualifications & key criteria:
- Previous experience in a digital software development environment in the role of Business Analyst or Product Owner.
- Experience using Agile and/or Waterfall project methodologies.
- Experience writing requirements documentation and user stories.
- Experience engaging with Design, QA and Development teams during the SDLC.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Proactive, can do approach with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with competing priorities.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse problems, to probe facts, identify and question assumptions and to assist in the decision making
- Excellent communication and effective presentation skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
- Provide 3 verifiable references
- Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year back ground check* or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in
- Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
- Strong project management, multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Strong commercial focus with a clear understanding of Aer Lingus’ commercial position
- Experience of contributing to change in a process transformation environment
- Experience using Jira and Confluence and Microsoft Visio.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid annual leave
- Annual performance related bonus
- Heavily discounted staff travel privileges with Aer Lingus and some select partner airlines
- Prime location in Dublin Airport
- Annual salary reviews
- Employer pension contributionto a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover
- Income protection cover
- Paid sick leave
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle-to-Work scheme and Tax Saver Scheme
- Subsidised staff canteen
- Subsidised dry cleaners and various airport discounts
- Opportunity to work in a team environment and to grow your career in Ireland’s only 4 star airline
- Annual Make a Difference Day and team social events
Closing Date: Monday 29th January 2018
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)