Senior Business Analyst (Mobile)
|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Senior Digital Business Analyst (Specialist 1)
Digital and Mobile Department, Dublin
Are you interested in growing your career with Ireland’s only 4 star airline? We are looking for a Senior Digital Business Analyst to join our growing Digital Business Analyst Team. We’re the department that has overall responsibility for the delivery of Commercial Business Requirements across the Digital and Mobile Platform. Based in Dublin Airport and reporting to the Group Business Analyst Lead you will have responsibility for defining business requirements and acting as the lead liaison on your programme between the Commercial and Technology teams. The successful candidate will build collaborative, trusted relationships with the programme leads, the business product owners and technology delivery leads, acting as the “glue” to define the product and manage the functional delivery of this product. The Senior Business Analyst will also have the opportunity to mentor other Business Analysts and help drive consistent, high quality work product.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to grow your career with one of Ireland’s most iconic brands. Take a look below!
- Defining and engaging with Commercial and Technology stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist the Product Owner with backlog prioritisation and management.
- Building Strong relationship within the business and develop an in-depth understanding of business areas and their key drivers.
- Co-ordinating the requirements gathering phase including kick-off sessions, workshops and the sign-off process.
- Creating clear and accurate documentation including Wireframes, Business Requirements Documents, Persona definition, User Stories and additional documentation as required.
- Ensuring requirements are groomed and understood by all stakeholders.
- Supporting the QA phase by ensuring that the correct scope is covered in testing phase. Participate where required in Integration testing, UAT testing and Functionality testing.
- Lead sprint demos to Business Teams.
- Engaging in continuous improvement activities including post-implementation reviews and feedback from Commercial Product Owners in order to incorporate learning into future work.
- Line manager, define objectives for and mentor other Business Analysts on your programme or team.
- Defining Business Analysis best practices and showing leadership to ensure all Business Analysts follow these practices. Support Business Analyst Lead to deploy these across the team.
- Look for ways to improve how current practices and processes are implemented to ensure effective and lean ways of working and support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Attend, participate in and lead workshops as a member of the Technology Business Analyst Community.
Your qualifications & key criteria:
- Relevant degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst or Product Owner. Solid Business Analysis skills including analytical thinking and requirements gathering.
- Business Analysis / Agile or Project Management Certification or relevant experience/training.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to analyse problems, to probe facts, identify and question assumptions and to assist in the decision making processes.
- A strong and motivational leader with experience leading or mentoring more junior team members. Team player with ability to motivate and drive project team to success.
- Comfortable challenging the ideas of others.
- Passionate about building digital products and an ability to produce concise and accurate specifications of business needs.
- Experience of process design and improvement.
- Knowledge of new technology and approaches to IT development.
- Proactive, can do approach with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with competing priorities and to work unsupervised.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and effective presentation skills.
- MS Office including Visio or other process mapping technology.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
- Provide 3 verifiable references
- Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year back ground check* or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in
- Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in design thinking / Lean Start-Up approaches a plus.
- Strong commercial focus with a clear understanding of Aer Lingus’ commercial position.
- Strong project management, multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Experience running workshops on new ways of working or best practices.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid annual leave
- Annual performance related bonus
- Heavily discounted staff travel privileges with Aer Lingus and some select partner airlines
- Prime location in Dublin Airport
- Annual salary reviews
- Employer pension contribution to a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover
- Income protection cover
- Paid sick leave
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle-to-Work scheme and Tax Saver Scheme
- Subsidised staff canteen
- Subsidised dry cleaners and various airport discounts
- Opportunity to work in a team environment and to grow your career in Ireland’s only 4 star airline
- Annual Make a Difference Day and team social events
Closing Date: Monday 29th January 2018
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)