|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Job Type:||Clerical / Administration|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Operations Control Centre, Dublin
Are you interested in growing your career with Ireland’s only 4 star airline? We are looking for a Crew Controller to join our Operations Control Centre in Dublin. The Crew Controller role is a shift position covering 24 hours. The successful candidate will be responsible for both Pilot and Cabin Crew resourcing on a day-to-day basis, to ensure a safe, compliant and punctual operation. The Operations Control Centre is responsible for the management and delivery of the Aer Lingus schedule through cost effective, efficient, flexible, safe and guest driven processes.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to grow your career with one of Ireland’s most iconic brands. Take a look below!
- Ensuring that crew resources (both Pilot and Cabin Crew) are managed in the most efficient and cost effective way, in compliance with documented statutory and regulatory requirements
- Prioritising safety and punctuality in all crewing decisions
- Maintaining and developing a professional standard of relations with Crew, other Line Departments and fellow team members
- Ensuring that all crew duties are accurately maintained in accordance with the approved FTL scheme
- Have a working knowledge of crew agreements and roster policies
- Participating in Operations Control projects where required
- Be familiar with Pre-tactical functions of Crew Control and provide cover where needed
- Working effectively within a multi-base operation and multiple regulatory environments for crewing operations
Your qualifications & key criteria:
- Proven experience in airline operations with a minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience and broad base airline knowledge.
- A sound knowledge and appreciation of the detail and complexity of the regulatory environment governing airline operations.
- An appreciation of the role of the OCC in achieving overall company objectives
- Resilient with proven ability to manage complex and unpredictable situations, while working within a pressurised environment
- Excellent people skills with the ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively with management and staff at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Proven decision-making skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- High level of commitment and flexibility
- Excellent punctuality and attendance record
- Strong I.T. skills (Full suite of MS Office)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Current unrestricted worldwide passport
- Provide 3 verifiable references
- Able to pass a 5 year security background check*(or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
- Experience in the use of AIMS and Astral
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid annual leave
- Annual performance related bonus
- Heavily discounted staff travel privileges with Aer Lingus and some select partner airlines
- Prime location in Dublin Airport
- Annual salary reviews
- Employer pension contribution to a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover
- Income protection cover
- Paid sick leave
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle-to-Work scheme and Tax Saver Scheme
- Subsidised staff canteen
- Subsidised dry cleaners and various airport discounts
- Learning & Development support through a catalogue of courses
- Opportunity to work in a team environment and to grow your career in Ireland’s only 4 star airline
- Annual Make a Difference Day and team social events
Closing Date: Thursday 15th February 2018
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)