Finance Systems Accountant
|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Finance Systems Accountant
Finance Systems Department, Dublin
Applications are currently being invited for the role of Finance Systems Accountant. The Finance Systems Accountant will be part of the Finance Systems team and reports to the Finance Systems Manager. This position is based in Dublin and will involve supporting the overall condition and integrity of the various finance systems including master data integrity, reporting requirements and supporting the finance group towards the most efficient use of these applications to meet business requirements.
Please note that this is a fixed term contract.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to grow your career with one of Ireland’s most iconic brands. Take a look below!
• Assisting in the development, implementation and documentation of ongoing changes to the system and new functionality (in conjunction with module owners) and ensuring with the support of the users that adequate testing is performed on all changes to the system to ensure its integrity is maintained and that it reflects their requirements
• Recording and investigating reported problems and issues and where appropriate referring them and recommending system amendments to the software consultants to ensure their timely investigation and resolution
• Ensuring the delivery of essential day-to-day finance systems administration requirements such as running schedules, COA updates, approval hierarchy maintenance and updating Fuel and Airport master files etc. are performed within agreed timeframes to defined quality standards
• Providing, recording and controlling access to the software systems and ensuring delivery of training and training materials to the users to enable them to be proficient in their use of the systems in fulfilling their roles
• Promoting an awareness of system security among users to deter unauthorised access to the systems and to ensure that users adopt best practices and procedures in their system use
• Providing support and back up to all other members of the Finance Department and undertake ad hoc projects as determined by Finance Management
• Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with the IT Group, Software Supplier and other internal and external parties to ensure that the interests of the users are looked after
Your qualifications & key criteria:
• Proven administrative experience in a similar role
• 3rd level qualification in business and/or a proven track record in a business or related disciplines
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
• Flexible, adaptable and able to work on their own initiative
• Experience training staff and creating training materials
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Eligible to live and work in the EU
• Current unrestricted worldwide passport
• Provide 3 verifiable references
• Able to pass a 5 year security background check*(or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
• Professionally Qualified Accountant ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
• Three years’ experience working as an accountant
• Experience of implementing an accounting package or financial systems as a project manager or as part of a Finance team
• Working knowledge of SQL
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Generous paid annual leave
• Annual performance related bonus
• Heavily discounted staff travel privileges with Aer Lingus and some select partner airlines
• Prime location in Dublin Airport
• Annual salary reviews
• Employer pension contribution to a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
• Life assurance cover
• Income protection cover
• Paid sick leave
• Paid maternity leave
• Paid paternity leave
• Employee assistance program
• Cycle-to-Work scheme and Tax Saver Scheme
• Subsidised staff canteen
• Subsidised dry cleaners and various airport discounts
• Learning & Development support through a catalogue of courses
• Opportunity to work in a team environment and to grow your career in Ireland’s only 4 star airline
• Annual Make a Difference Day and team social events
Closing Date: Tuesday 29th May 2018
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)