|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Network Revenue Department – Dublin
Are you interested in growing your career with Ireland’s only 4 star airline? Applications are currently being invited for the role of Distribution Lead. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Pricing and Distribution.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to grow your career with one of Ireland’s most iconic brands. Take a look below!
• Creating the Distribution strategy for Aer Lingus taking account of the ever changing Distribution environment and adapt the business strategy to meet market conditions and future challenges.
• Developing a Digital and Offline Payments Strategy through thedevelopment of compelling business plans and by leading and participating in cross functional project teams.
• Managing Distribution budgets in order to manage, forecast and monitor distribution costs.
• Managing the implementation and delivery of Distribution related projects, via both web and Astral channels, with both internal and external partners.
• Analysing and reporting market intelligence and trends in indirect channels.
• Managing and leading a team of distribution professionals towards maximising revenue and reducing costs across the network
• Leading relationships with key senior business stakeholders across Retail, Commercial, Finance, Ecommerce, IT, IAG and third parties, such as Acquirers, PSS providers and GDSs, to ensure that return on investment is maximized and costs are managed on an ongoing basis.
• Identifying new business opportunities within indirect channels and through PSS enhancement in order to ensure optimum revenue and retail opportunities.
Your qualifications & key criteria:
• Clear understanding of Aer Lingus’ commercial position and an excellent appreciation of the airline policies and procedures
• Degree in a business or related discipline or a proven track record
• Experience in developing KPI reports, dashboards and analytics
• Experience in data analysis
• Strong awareness and understanding of the commercial challenges of distributing airline products in a multi-channel environment and approaches to full and partial content in the GDS
• Strong relationship management skills, business to business and business to IT
• Project management skills and ability to project manage various implementation items simultaneously
• Ability to develop and implement strategies in an effective, cost-efficient, and timely manner to achieve revenue and business objectives
• Sound business acumen with a proven ability to exercise keen commercial judgment and decision making in the selection, negotiating and contracting of agreements and contracts
• Highly numerate with strong organisational and analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a talent to present facts and opinions articulately, persuasively and objectively
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
• An enthusiastic, conscientious team member with a flexible and adaptable attitude in providing support across a range of commercial activities.
• Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and commitment to producing high quality output to tight deadlines.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Eligible to live and work in the EU
• Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
• Provide 3 verifiable references
• Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* (or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in)
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Generous paid annual leave
• Annual performance related bonus
• Heavily discounted staff travel privileges with Aer Lingus and some select partner airlines
• Prime location in Dublin Airport
• Annual salary reviews
• Employer pension contribution to a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
• Life assurance cover
• Income protection cover
• Paid sick leave
• Paid maternity leave
• Paid paternity leave
• Employee assistance program
• Cycle-to-Work scheme and Tax Saver Scheme
• Subsidised staff canteen
• Subsidised dry cleaners and various airport discounts
• Learning & Development support through a catalogue of courses
• Opportunity to work in a team environment and to grow your career in Ireland’s only 4 star airline
• Annual Make a Difference Day and team social events
Closing Date: Friday 25th May 2018
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Are you 18 years of age or over?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)