Digital DevOps Engineer
|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Digital DevOps Engineer
Digital Quality Assurance Department - Dublin
Are you interested in growing your career with Ireland’s only 4 star airline? Applications are currently being invited for the role of Digital DevOps Engineer. Based in Dublin Airport and reporting to the Digital DevOps Lead, you will have responsibility to implement the Digital Infrastructure strategy.
The successful candidate will work with top engineers on challenging and exciting software projects. This is a technical role requiring a broad skill set and a good aptitude to understand business processes and systems. The role will explore options for existing Digital & Mobile manual processes and evaluate opportunities for automation with a view to making the Digital Infrastructure function more structured and efficient.
• The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the provisioning, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of all systems software and infrastructure. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with the software development team to coordinate code changes and deployments to ensure on going availability and reliability
• The role is responsible for collaborating with the DevOps SME and contributing to on-going review of the non-production environments to continuously improve performance making a stable and flexible infrastructure delivering business requirements
• Review new industry developments to explore advantages which might be utilised by Aer Lingus
• Looks for opportunity for driving change within the department by examining processes within the team and across IT to ensure they are efficient and delivering satisfactorily to the other business units
• Ensure succession planning by developing talent and communicating knowledge
• Contribute and maintain a culture of review and continuous improvement in how we deliver services
• Support build and release processes for multiple environments to an integration layer for both test and production in AWS and internal servers
• Understand the wider Configuration Management discipline from initiation of change to deployment
• Automate release process of all artifacts
• Help migrate from a waterfall approach to an Agile one
• Improve release process by converting manual steps to automated ones
• Work collaboratively with the Development, Test and Release team
Your qualifications and key criteria:
· Have experience in build, release and operation management
· Have continuous delivery experience on large projects
· Have configuration management experience
· Strong Scripting and Automation background (Python, Bash etc)
· Strong Release Management and Configuration tools experience
· Good Cloud Technologies experience
· Experience working in Agile / Scrum teams
· Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills
· Jenkins & Maven experience would be a plus
· The person should have a passion for learning new technologies, be a strong supporter of best practices
· Ability to work within large improvement initiatives and projects
· Demonstrate strategic and tactical capability to have an impact on challenging teams balancing short-term results with a sustained push towards turnaround of medium to long-term team performance
· Proven ability to systematically analyse and apply technical problems to generate new ideas and innovative solutions
· Focused attitude to work, with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring excellent attention to detail & high levels of accuracy
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include proven report writing & presentation skills
· First class organisational skills and a willingness to apply direct effort to delve into detail
· Confident self-starter who is assertive and focused
· Outstanding relationship builder with sound emotional intelligence and ability to work closely with non-financial management.
· Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
· “Can-do” approach and thirst for driving continuous improvement
· Drive and determination to deliver outstanding results
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken
· Eligible to live and work in the EU
· Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
· Provide 3 verifiable references
· Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year back ground check* or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Generous paid annual leave
• Annual performance related bonus
• Heavily discounted staff travel privileges with Aer Lingus and some select partner airlines
• Prime location in Dublin Airport
• Annual salary reviews
• Employer pension contribution to a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
• Life assurance cover
• Income protection cover
• Paid sick leave
• Paid maternity leave
• Paid paternity leave
• Employee assistance program
• Cycle-to-Work scheme and Tax Saver Scheme
• Subsidised staff canteen
• Subsidised dry cleaners and various airport discounts
• Learning & Development support through a catalogue of courses
• Opportunity to work in a team environment and to grow your career in Ireland’s only 4 star airline
• Annual Make a Difference Day and team social events
Closing Date: Tuesday 5th February 2019
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Will you be 18 years of age on 1st September 2018?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)