Inventory Control & Risk Specialist
|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Category:||In the Office|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Inventory Control & Risk Specialist
Operations Department, Dublin
Are you interested in growing your career in our 4 star Airline? Applications are currently being invited for the position of Inventory Control & Risk Specialist in the Operations Department.
Reporting to the Inventory Control & Risk Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying areas that are susceptible to business risk and loss while implementing loss prevention best practise to reduce the financial impact of shrinkage. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to help maximise company profitability under the direction of the Inventory Control & Risk Manager and will implement loss prevention programmes for all Aer Lingus employees.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to grow your career with one of Ireland’s most iconic brands. Take a look below!
• Responsibility for Implementation of loss prevention controls across dedicated areas of the business
• Tracking and reporting weekly on outcomes / results of loss prevention control processes
• Assisting in the implementation of policies, procedures and systems
• Collating and analysing large volumes of data to identify discrepancies and trends
• Working with functional managers to confirm risk exposure and develop risk control measures in stock and inventory discrepancies
• Working cross functionally with all stake holders to complete investigations that will identify the source of product / stock discrepancies
• Working with other loss prevention specialists as part of an independent team and reporting into the Inventory Control & Risk Manager
• Identifying and implementing of new controls / recommend process changes as appropriate that further reduce shrinkage
• Reporting regularly to the Inventory Control & Risk Manager and internal stakeholders on loss prevention measures and KPIs with attention to detail, acute observation and analytical skills essential
• Administration as required for the employee search process
• Available to complete wider safety and compliance tasks, audits and inspections as required by the department head.
Your qualifications and key criteria:
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to analyse large and complex data sets and present the information in a summary format
• Ability to produce reports with information gathered from various sources
• Ability to use own initiative and also contribute effectively as part of a team
• Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
• Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of other IT applications
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage effective working relationships at all levels both internally and externally
• Excellent communication skills with the talent to present facts and opinions articulately, persuasively and objectively
• Ability to work as part of an integrated team
• Excellent organisational and analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Highly proficient in use of MS Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Eligible to live and work in the EU
• Current unrestricted worldwide passport
• Provide 2 verifiable references
• Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check* (or be in possession of a current airside pass for the airport this position is based in
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries.
• Experience in Audit/ stock control processes and risk management
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Generous paid annual leave
• Annual performance related bonus
• Heavily discounted staff travel privileges with Aer Lingus and some select partner airlines
• Prime location in Dublin Airport
• Annual salary reviews
• Employer pension contribution to a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
• Life assurance cover
• Income protection cover
• Paid sick leave
• Paid maternity leave
• Paid paternity leave
• Employee assistance program
• Cycle-to-Work scheme and Tax Saver Scheme
• Subsidised staff canteen
• Subsidised dry cleaners and various airport discounts
• Learning & Development support through a catalogue of courses
• Opportunity to work in a team environment and to grow your career in Ireland’s only 4 star airline
• Annual Make a Difference Day and team social events
Closing Date: Thursday 19th July 2018
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Will you be 18 years of age on 1st September 2018?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)