|Region:||Republic of Ireland|
|Job Type:||Cabin Crew|
|Category:||In the Air|
Aer Lingus Recruitment
Cabin Crew Opportunities - Dublin*
Inflight Service Department
Applicants are currently being invited for the role of Cabin Crew within Aer Lingus with positions available in Dublin commencing March, April & May 2019. There will also be a limited number of positions for our base in Cork. As part of our ongoing expansion of both routes and fleet we are now welcoming applications from individuals passionate about our brand and the service we provide to join us during this exciting growth period in Aer Lingus.
Our Cabin Crew are vital to our success and we want you to be part of something special. If you are a highly motivated and flexible individual who believes you have what it takes to work for Irelands only 4 star airline then read on to see what it takes to become part of our world recognised Cabin Crew Team.
* Limited positions available for Cork also.
What does the role of cabin crew entail?
You will be responsible for cabin safety and security on board the aircraft
Carry out your duties in line with company policies/procedures and in accordance with the Aer Lingus Operations Manuals and regulatory requirement.
You will consistently deliver excellent service on board so we retain and improve on our 4 star Airline Status
To work as part of a team to continuously improve how we serve and meet our Guest’s expectations on board
Assume responsibility for consistently delivering our Inflight Retail experience whilst maximising sales revenue. You will be driven to achieve and exceed clearly defined sales targets, through effective on-board announcements, promoting our on-board ranges and executing appealing inflight merchandise displays.
Contribute in the delivery of On Time Performance
Represent Aer Lingus with pride while adhering to uniform standards and guidelines
Am I eligible to Apply? To apply you will need to meet all of the essential criteria outlined below:
18 years of age or over
Eligible to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction (i.e. EU Passport Holder or Non-EEA Citizen holding Stamp 4)
12 months combined experience in a face to face customer service/sales role
Fluent in English, both spoken and written
Hold a valid EEA passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
No tattoos/piercing visible when in Aer Lingus uniform
Flexibility and able to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekends, holidays and overnights
Able to pass an airport security vetting procedure, including a five-year background check*
Two verifiable references
*If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
You will be…
An excellent communicator who can build relationships easily
A Strong team player with proven interpersonal skills
Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable who is comfortableworking on their own initiative
Professional with a positive attitude to work
Ability to converse in a second European Language
Previous Cabin Crew experience and holders of a European EASA Attestation of Initial Safety Training issued after April 2014
Please note that these positions will be commencing with a pre selection training course between March and May of 2019.
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you eligible to live and work in EU without restriction?
- Do you hold a valid EEA passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel?
- Will you be 18 years of age on 1st September 2018?
- Are you fluent in English, both spoken and written?
- Have you over 12 months experience in a face to face customer service/sales role
- Can you provide a verifiable 5 year background/employment history?
- Can you provide 2 verifiable references?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in Ireland?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence in the UK which is not spent?
- Is there anything that would prevent you passing our security clearance process?
- Are you 5’2"- 6’2" tall, weight-height in proportion & can reach up to 6’3
- Are you able to stand for long periods of time (at least four hours)?
- Are you able to lift objects up to 18kg and pull a beverage cart of 100kg?
- Are you able to swim 25m unaided and tread water for at least 1 minute?
- Are you able to arrive within 90 minutes from your base when on reserve duty?
- Are you able & prepared to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekends and holidays?
- Are you able/prepared to spend time away from base overnight and time on call?
- Can you confirm no tattoos/piercing would be visible when in Aer Lingus uniform?
- Are you prepared to complete a medical questionnaire & medical examination?
- Do you have a visual acuity of 6/9 (aided or unaided)?
- Could you attend a pre-selection training course of up to 5 weeks in Dublin?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence (ref Criminal Justice Act 2016)